Photographers - Nowak Wacław
Born 30th December 1924 in Krakow, died there 10th August 1976. Member of the Association of Polish Art Photographers since 17th December 1957.
Graduated from the Architecture Department at the Krakow University of Technology. During his studies he became interested in Photography and was member of the Polish Photography Society. Together with Wojciech Plewiński and Zbigniew Łagocki he formed in 1957 the Domino Group, later known as the Group of Three.
Between 1964 and 1970 he taught photography at the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow.
As one of the very first in the history of Polish photography he used a stroboscope and fish eye lenses, mostly in nude photographs.
Involved in experimental photography, portraits and reportage. He took photos for art catalogues and product catalogues, worked with architecture studios, theatres and television channels.
He documented the work of Tadeusz Kantor in his workshop at Elbląska Street in Krakow.